Turning 16 is an important milestone for Nebraska youth. It’s the first opportunity they’ll have to get their driver’s license and to make an important decision that could impact hundreds of people in the future: Will they register as an organ and tissue donor.
Live On Nebraska is committed to helping students make an educated decision when it comes to this important question.
We’ve created a variety of resources that educators and leaders can use in the classroom, online or as part of a group activity. And the best part? You don’t need to be an expert on donation. The resources are designed to educate on their own and spark discussion without having to be knowledgeable about the subject. You can learn along with your students!
The resources cover the following topics:
- The need for organ and tissue donation and how it helps others
- The difference between living and deceased donation
- What can be donated
- How the deceased donation process happens
- How to register as an organ and tissue donor
- The importance of talking with your family about donation