A Shared Mission
Live On Nebraska’s mission is a shared mission with our hospital partners — to save lives.
Collaboration between Live On Nebraska and the medical professionals in hospitals plays a vital role in supporting grieving families and recognizing patient wishes regarding donation, ultimately leading to lifesaving and life-enhancing transplantation.
To make a referral for organ, tissue and eye donation, please call 800-925-0215.
Saving and enhancing lives begins with you. Understanding donation criteria and referring patients to Live On Nebraska in a timely manner is essential to making donation possible and ensuring your organization complies with CMS standards regarding donation.
When it comes to your role in referring patients for donation, just remember ICARE.
- Identify potential referrals.
- Call early, call often. The referral number is 800-925-0215.
- Aid Live On Nebraska in assessing suitability.
- Refrain from discussing donation with the family.
- Ensure the opportunity for donation is preserved:
- SBP > 90
- UO 1-3 cc/kg/hr
- NA ≤ 155
- Glucose ≤ 200