Gift of Life Butterfly Project
April is National Donate Life Month. Show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation by participating in Live On Nebraska’s Gift of Life Butterfly Project. The Butterfly Project is a community art initiative to show the impact of donation and transplantation and to encourage others to register as donors.
Live On Nebraska will provide participating organizations with a large (approximately 3’x3’) butterfly form to decorate in a theme of their choice that represents the gift of life. The butterfly is a blank canvas. There are no parameters on how it must be decorated.
Completed butterflies will be photographed and posted to Live On Nebraska’s Facebook page for community voting. A winner and runner-up will be chosen by Live On Nebraska from the three butterflies that receive the most Facebook votes.
- Winner: $300 to the organization’s charity of choice
- Runner-up: $200 to the organization’s charity of choice
- March 10: Registration Deadline
- March 13: Butterflies provided to participating organizations
- April 4: Photos of completed butterflies due to Live On Nebraska
- April 10-14: Online voting via Facebook
- April 14: Butterflies due to Live On Nebraska for display
- April 20: Reception for participating organizations and announcement of winners
- April 29: Butterflies displayed for donor families at Live On Nebraska’s annual Celebration of Heroes
Register to Participate
We received an overwhelming response to the Butterfly Project with more organizations participating than expected. We have reached capacity for this year’s project and are no longer accepting registrations. If you are still interested in participating, let us know and we’ll reach out if another organization is no longer able to participate. Thank you for your support!