Gift of Life Butterfly Project
April is National Donate Life Month. Show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation by participating in Live On Nebraska’s Gift of Life Butterfly Project. The Butterfly Project is a state-wide community art initiative to show the impact of donation and transplantation and to encourage others to register as donors.
Live On Nebraska will provide participating organizations in Nebraska with a large (3’x3’) butterfly form to decorate in a theme of their choice that represents the gift of life. The butterfly is a blank canvas, but your design must reflect the gift of life.
Completed butterflies will be photographed and posted to Live On Nebraska’s Facebook page for community voting. A winner and runner-up will be chosen by Live On Nebraska from the three butterflies that receive the most Facebook votes. Butterflies will be returned to participating organizations after Donate Life Month.
- Winner: $300 to the organization’s charity of choice
- Runner-up: $200 to the organization’s charity of choice
- March 4-8: Butterflies provided to participating organizations
- April 5: Photos of completed butterflies due to Live On Nebraska
- April 15-19: Online voting via Facebook
- April 19: Butterflies due to Live On Nebraska for display
- April 24: Reception for participating organizations and announcement of winners
If you have any questions about the Butterfly project, email us or call 402-733-1800.