Gift of Life Butterfly Project
April is National Donate Life Month. Show your support for organ, eye and tissue donation by participating in Live On Nebraska’s Gift of Life Butterfly Project. The Butterfly Project is a community art initiative to show the impact of donation and transplantation and to encourage others to register as donors.
Live On Nebraska will provide participants with a small (approximately 2″) butterfly form to decorate in a theme of their choice that represents the gift of life. The butterfly is a blank canvas. There are no parameters on how it must be decorated.
The three butterflies that receive the most votes will receive a $50 gift certificate to Live On Nebraska’s Threadless merchandise store. Live On Nebraska staff will select an additional two runner-up butterflies to receive $25 gift certificates.
- March 10: Registration Deadline
- March 13: Butterflies mailed to participants
- April 4: Photos of completed butterflies due to Live On Nebraska
- April 10-13: Online voting via Facebook
- April 14: Butterflies due to Live On Nebraska for display
- April 14: Announcement of winning butterflies
- April 29: Butterflies displayed for donor families at Live On Nebraska’s annual Celebration of Heroes
If you have any questions about the Butterfly project, email us or call 402-513-2226.