The Site does not collect users’ personal information unless it is provided voluntarily by the user. Site users are not required to provide any information they do not wish to. Those who choose to register legal consent for posthumous organ, eye and tissue donation with the Registry must submit personal information in order to complete the donor registration process.
- Your Personal Information – In the course of using the Site to register to donate, Live On Nebraska may ask you to provide information such as your name, address, email, phone number, gender, along with your date of birth. You will also be asked if you would like specify from a list which organs and tissues you would like to donate and for what purpose. Participation in this registration is voluntary. Live On Nebraska will not obtain personal information about you when you visit the site unless you voluntarily choose to provide such information.
- Site Usage Information – Whenever you use the Site, certain types of internet usage information may be received and stored; information from your browser, including but not limited to your IP address, pages visited, the length of time you spend on the site, type of browser software and operating system you are using, internet domain through which you access the internet and files you download, which are recorded in the website server logs. However, no personal information is collected during the tracking process.
- Email Information – During the course of registration, Live On Nebraska may send you emails or you may send emails to Live On Nebraska. Live On Nebraska keeps track of these emails and information associated with these emails.
If information is submitted, such information may be used to:
- Verify or confirm the registration status of a prospective donor
- Create a legal Document of Gift for a prospective donor
- Add, remove, confirm or modify an individual’s registration record with their express written consent and confirmation of identification
- Determine the efficacy of community education and public awareness efforts, as permitted by Nebraska law and in a de-identified, aggregated form
- Contact individuals and/or family members for Registry purposes as allowed under Nebraska law
- To otherwise further your organ, eye and/or tissue donation or answer any questions related thereto
- Conduct research
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal and external use
- Provide anonymous information for preparation and distribution of educational materials
- Help Live On Nebraska maintain the Site, ensure the Site is working properly and help Live On Nebraska make the Site more accessible and useful
Live On Nebraska will not provide, sell, rent or market Your Personal Information to third parties except: (1) to further your organ, eye and/or tissue donation; (2) to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on Live On Nebraska’s behalf or in connection with their relationship with Live On Nebraska; (3) in response to a validly-issued subpoena, court order, or other legal process; (4) when necessary to establish or exercise Live On Nebraska’s legal rights or defend against legal action; (5) where you request Live On Nebraska to do so; (6) if Live On Nebraska believes in good faith that sharing the information is necessary to protect Live On Nebraska’s rights or property; or (7) as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy.