Healthy Living & Giving Luncheon
Live On Nebraska and OneWorld Community Health Centers invite you to a delightful luncheon, where together we’ll uncover and debunk the myths surrounding organ, eye, and tissue donation. This event is our way of celebrating and raising awareness for National Multiethnic Donor Awareness Month. Let’s come together, learn, and engage in inspiring conversations that can truly make a difference!
Wednesday, August 23, 2023
11.30 a.m – 1 p.m.
OneWorld Community Health Center
Healthy Living & Giving is a partner event that invites all staff members to gather in a health-focused dialogue. As community members and influencers, we invite you to engage with a panel of experts to address the pressing issue of health disparities in our communities and the impact it plays on organ failure, the transplant waiting list and the donation process. Most importantly, you’ll discover how organ and tissue donation has the incredible potential to save those suffering to receive a revived chance in life.
- Shanda D. Ross, MSN, RN, Director of Engagement Outreach and Belonging, Nebraska Medicine
- Janet Thomsen, RN BSN, Transplant Education Coordinator
- Sharon Stoolman, MD, UNMC Associate Professor of Pediatrics & Hospitalist, Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, Vice Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center
- David Robles, Assistant Director of Family & Hospital Services, Live On Nebraska
- Idania Ramirez, Social Services Supervisor, OneWorld Community Health Centers, Inc.
- Diana Rogel (moderator), Diversity Outreach & Engagement Coordinator, Live On Nebraska
- Mercedes Aguilar, kidney recipient, event caterer and owner of The Enchilada Truck
Registration for this event has now closed. Thank you.